September 11, 2020
Time: 1:00 PM EST - 2:30 PM EST
Registration is not required - This is a MEMBERS ONLY Event.
Members will receive a go-to-meeting invite this coming week.
APDA MEMBERS ONLY All-Call Virtual Web Meeting - September 11, 2020, Friday, 1PM EST
You can expect a Go to Meeting calendar invitation from Will Irwin for this meeting.
Given the importance of these matters, we encourage you to attend.
On behalf of the Board of APDA, we urge you to participate in an All-Member Go to Meeting on Friday, 9/11, at 1 PM eastern standard time (EST). The purpose of the call is to bring you up-to-date on APDA’s progress on its regulatory and legislative goals and to ask your help in achieving them.
1. Sign-on letter: We are asking members of Congress to sign-on to a letter to CMS directing the agency to:
- Pause all R-Code reimbursement reviews until the end of the pandemic.
- Adjust all R-Code transportations rates to cover the added costs of Covid-19 for the duration of the pandemic.
- Revisit the process for computing the R-Code for the purpose of developing a transparent methodology which insures adequate reimbursement.
2. Legislation: Because CMS has told APDA that it doesn’t have the necessary authority, we will be seeking potential Senate & House sponsors for a bill to remove PXR from Consolidated Billing.
Our consultants, Laura Bozell and Chris Sarley, from our lobbying firm, Cornerstone Government Affairs (CGA), will be guiding these initiatives in two stages: (1) virtual visits to a handful of primarily Senate offices and (2) advocacy emails from you to Congressional members in the House & Senate in those states where you have operations. Some of you, particularly those who were active in the Washington, DC visits in December 2019, will be invited to join the virtual visits. All of you will be asked to craft personalized emails from templates prepared by CGA requesting Congressional support for our “Asks.”
On our Go to Meeting call on Friday, 9/11, Laura and Chris will explain in more detail the timing of these initiatives and the roles you will play. You can expect a Go to Meeting calendar invitation from Will Irwin for this 9/11 meeting. Given the importance of these matters, we request that you attend.